The Masquerade
It looks like you haven't signed in yet!

If you aren't a member, sign up today!
The Masquerade
It looks like you haven't signed in yet!

If you aren't a member, sign up today!
The Masquerade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

-a t h o s-

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TheFroof
Regular
TheFroof

-a t h o s- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:41 pm

Helena Penelope Alabaster

"Maybe I'm just being a fatalist, but you can't have a movement without death. Sure, the musketeers kill. But I suppose the main difference is you kill for freedom, and they kill for paychecks." Helena sat on the stool and propped her head in her hand, her elbow on her knee. She looked at Alan's head resting on the bar, his tired acceptance of bloodshed.

"Yeah, there will always be resistance. And there will always be corruption. And in the years when that time comes, I will choose the side I think is right. It may be the musketeers, it may be the new Ragnarok." Helena shrugged her shoulders, not afraid of being completely honest with these two guys. "Maybe I'll already be dead." She picked her head up and brought her hands to her lap. Staring at them, she twirled her ring with her finger. "I suppose that's a risk I'm willing to take."

Back to top Go down
Sevrin
Tacti-cool Masque
Sevrin

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:55 pm

Alan sat up, looked at the girl, then at Sion, then back at Helena. Not afraid to die, eh? This delicate looking, fidgety young girl had chosen the right place to get a sandwich. She certainly spoke like she belonged there. Helena was a girl from the circle, yet she looked ready for a fight, and she spoke like she had nothing to lose. She answered the questions of rough strangers with blunt honesty and without a stutter. Alan was vividly reminded of himself. He wondered if Sion thought the same.

As far Alan could tell, XIII was a good place for her, and that weighed on his heart. Sitting before him was lost innocence, no doubt, probably stolen by the war he was fighting, the one they were all fighting. What forces a daughter of the inner circle out to the ring to fight and die with the rest? The sins of her father.

"You lost everything, didn't you?"
Back to top Go down
TheFroof
Regular
TheFroof

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 11:34 pm

Helena smiled sadly, "No. Just everything that mattered." She rolled her eyes, "of course, I didn't realize it was all that mattered until it was gone. It doesn't seem like much, your innocence, but it bites." Helena looked at Alan like he looked at her, appraising and bold. "So... if you don't mind me asking, that is... why are you here? Not XIII, I mean, why are you a musketeer?"

Back to top Go down
Sevrin
Tacti-cool Masque
Sevrin

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:54 am

Alan could have answered the girl in a several ways. He could have explained to her what freedom meant to him. He could have told her about his lost friends and relatives. He could have delivered a speech focused on the suffering he saw everyday in the ring, and he could have confessed to how good he was at hurting the people that caused that suffering. But, instead he chose to say: "Grass."

To clarify, he said: "Ms. Helena, I want grass. I've never seen grass, or felt grass, or tasted grass. But I've heard the stories, and I want it." The Musketeer studied Helena for a reaction. How do I sound to you? Insane or alive?

"Ragnarok prevents me from having it. That is why I'm here. I kill for grass.", he stated plainly. Though, if Alan was being honest, he would have admitted that grass was just one of the many things he killed for.
Back to top Go down
TheFroof
Regular
TheFroof

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 6:33 pm

For the first time since she arrived, Helena realized that there was no grass outside. Barely any trees; hell, barely any sun at all. Helena thought back to the parks in the inner circle. The flowers, the grass, the shade from the trees. Honestly, it was worth killing for. Or at least fighting for. "Grass. Grass is wonderful. My grandmother used to tell me it was the world growing hair." Helena smiled, "I can accept grass."

Helena looked at the things she took from the circle. Clothes, money, weapons, but no grass. Why didn't she take grass? Why didn't she take any of the paintings in her room, or the candles at her bedside, or the violin she learned to play when she was younger but hadn't touched in years? Why didn't she take the letters from the boy that one summer? All of it. She left it all behind. And here she was, prepared to die, and she might never see grass or candles or violins or letters. Everything she thought that mattered, everything the ragnarok stood for, was in her bag. Money, weapons, material possession. Everything they stood for: freedom, free life, passion, grass. It was all in her old life. Probably never to be touched again. She felt her entire outlook on everything was changing in lightning speed, yet she couldn't understand it yet. It was infuriating. Helena suddenly felt supremely stupid for leaving behind grass.

She looked to Sion, distracting herself with other people's answers. "Well then, what about you?"

Back to top Go down
Noir
Master of Ceremonies
Noir

Location : Where you'll have roses for years. Where you'll apologize to no one.

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:37 pm

Sion ------ DiBenetto
----------------------------------------
As we were, so perfect, so happy...

Sion frowned slightly. That question always put him in a bad mood. Why was he a musketeer? It was all he had ever known. Since he had been formally inducted, he each move, breath, and waking second he had spent had been for the musketeer cause and no one else's. He had his own set of ideals a long time ago. He used to have his own definitive reasons for fighting. They used to be so clear, so set in stone. But he didn't know anymore. After this long in the fight, he often wondered what exactly would come after one side emerged from the dust, with their enemy thoroughly pounded into the dirt. If Ragnarok won out over them, things would go on as they were. He knew that much.

But what about if the Musketeers came out on top. What if the day finally came that he saw with his own eyes the ranks of Ragnarok falling, their false government crumbling under the weight of their own sins? What would happen after? Order? Peace? There would always be opposition. There would always be conflict. In the world they lived in, there was no black or white. Just a gray area where everyone had an inkling of what their struggle meant in the larger picture. No more, no less.

"...I can't say I remember," he finally answered, shrugging his shoulders in simple admission of that fact. "I wish I did, but I don't."

In that instant, he felt a buzz from his pocket again. Taking out his phone, he saw a notification for a text message from the notification network programmed to send operation details to Musketeers. His eyes glanced over the message, his frown turning slowly into a scowl as he read it twice over. He glanced up at Alan, motioning for him to get up.

"Change of plans. We're going now. The package we were supposed to intercept was sent out ahead of schedule, more heavily guarded than our intel told us. I hope you have what you need on you."

They remember only our smiles. That's all they see.
Back to top Go down
https://themasquerade.forumotion.com
Sevrin
Tacti-cool Masque
Sevrin

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 10:55 pm

Now fully conscious, Alan stood up and gave himself a thorough gear check. He felt for his kopis at his hip (It hadn't gone anywhere) then for his handgun, which was safe and secure in it's dockers clutch under his jacket. He then brought his messenger bag to his front. Opening it, he revealed a multi-tool, a flashlight, a few bandages, a vial of morphine and syringe, an extra magazine for his handgun (empty, of course), about a meter of parachute chord, and a lighter. Could be worse.

The heaviest item of all was his mask. Most of his kind wore one during operations. It was the closest the Musketeers came to a uniform. The bland, steel colored face of Alan's was crudely engraved with the phrase "Grandson of Liberty". This small touch had made him quite popular among government agents as well as the few people in the ring that knew any history. It was a nod to his home's past and, hopefully, it's future.

He decided to keep it off until they reached whatever preset rally point Sion was about it bring him to. Wearing it wasn't easy. The weight of the mask was both literal and metaphorical. It's composite ceramic and steel construction had a heft that was hard to ignore, especially on long nights. But, knowing it was capable of stopping a .357 Magnum in it's tracks made the weight worth it to most. The other weight, the weight of taking life, was another set of pros and cons. Alan's mask had a slight dent in it's side that showed exactly how he felt about that type of weight.

Alan closed his bag and slung it much tighter this time. "Ill follow you. Details as we walk, Mr. D" The musketeer looked down at his boots to make sure the laces weren't coming undone before he started moving, then back up at the girl. "It was nice talking to you, Helena. Promise you wont tell on us." he said with a smirk.
Back to top Go down
TheFroof
Regular
TheFroof

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 12:12 am

"I don't believe this. So, what. I just wait here? Watch over the bar that no one's going to touch? I can help! Let me help. At least..." Helena went to her duffel and took out the stash of ammo she had. "Bullets are a rare commodity for you guys, right? I don't know if it'll work with your gun, but take it. Not like I'd know how to shoot anybody, anyway." She held the bullets, all neat in their little box, expectantly out to Alan. "I suppose, just, don't die yet. You still haven't seen grass." Reaching out to him, she took his hand in hers and opened it to give him the box of bullets.
Back to top Go down
Sevrin
Tacti-cool Masque
Sevrin

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:18 am

Alan stood there with the box of ammunition in his hand, not sure what to do with it. It read '9x19mm Parabellum'. They were a millimeter too small in diameter to work in his gun, a 10mm, but he decided to take them. "Wow... I... thank you.", he said before stashing them in his bag. He didn't have the heart to say they were the wrong caliber, and there was a good chance he could find another use for them.

He looked at her for another moment, still shocked. The boy from the outer ring never thought people from the circle could be like what he saw before him. He wondered if Helena understood what she had just given him. But even more so, Alan thought about her hand. It was soft but not weak. Her touch was naive but comforting. The girl was generous and honest despite losing everything that mattered. Now, she wanted to join their fight. Alan had already begun to admire her, she was perfect for the job, and that was why he refused. "I won't put you in harm's way so quickly." His eyes grew wide at the thought of her getting hit with a bullet or a bolt and hitting the ground. Without knowing this girl's last name, Alan knew he could never allow that. Helena was far too beautiful to lay in the dirt, dying of a sucking chest wound, and it would be a long time before another girl like her would fall out of the sky and land a few bar stools down from his.

"Don't worry", he managed a smile, "If you really knew me, you would know I'm gonna come back just fine." And if you knew what my hands were capable of, would you still be so quick to grab them? Even if the girl finished the night without a scratch, Alan wasn't sure he wanted her to see him in the field. She had lost enough. Who was he to take what little innocence she had left?

"Thanks again for the extra rounds. But really, stay here so Mr. D and I can look forward to coming home, okay?" Alan turned to the elder musketeer with an uneasy look about his face. He hoped they were in agreement, and he hoped that if they weren't, tonight's operation wouldn't involve much more than gathering intelligence. This surprised him. He usually found himself hoping for the opposite.
Back to top Go down
Noir
Master of Ceremonies
Noir

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 7:40 pm

Sion ------ DiBenetto

Sion glanced at Alan, and then at Helena before nodding as convincingly as he could without looking forced. No matter what the operation was, Sion made it a habit never to assume that he'd be returning. Its why he always turned the lights out and closed up each time he left the bar for an operation, no matter what time it was. But Alan's look was almost pleading, something that he had never seen on the man's face before. Alan demanded, but he never pleaded.

It was for that reason that Sion found himself saying, "If you don't mind, hold down the fort 'till we get back? There's a recipe book in the first drawer behind the counter. I'll assume that, being from the circle, you'll know your way around a cocktail or two."

He started to make his way to the door, checking his equipment as he went. His schiavona rested on his left side, with his revolver and his right. All six bullets were chambered. Morphine and cigarettes were safely stashed away in his pack, along with throwing knives, earpieces for both him and Alan, and his own mask, stark white with its signature twin red crosses.

He stopped right before he stepped out through the door.

"Remember, greet customers by sliding a coaster to them. No extravagance. Keep it simple," He advised. And as an afterthought, he added, "We'll be back later. Take care."

Back to top Go down
TheFroof
Regular
TheFroof

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 9:37 pm

"Right. No problem." Helena went behind the counter and found the book, recognizing a lot of the fancier drinks which surprised her. "Thanks, guys. Really." She gave a small smile.

Helena wondered if this was honestly the last time she would see these two. Alan had this look, like, he expected to kill. It was the way he held himself; straight backed, tall, strong. She saw it in his hands, the practice there. He had the types of hands that stretched white over the knuckles, hands that cracked out of habit. There was a lot about him that scared her, but then again Able had scared her too. And he became the only person in the world she trusted. She couldn't be afraid of Alan, especially what he showed in his eyes. She didn't know how to describe it, but his eyes expressed everything. They were pools of raw emotion, and though she saw a lot of anger and blood, there was kindness there too. There was a value of life.

Sion, though, she couldn't tell a thing. He was a statue, clearly. But he let her stay.
Back to top Go down
Sevrin
Tacti-cool Masque
Sevrin

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:57 am

"It's what we're here for." Alan replied with a smile of his own as he followed Sion through the door. A heavy sigh of relief escaped his lungs as he went back out into the real world. Though, he felt a slight reluctance attempting to hold him back, a feeling totally foreign to him. Alan was usually eager to get moving. He volunteered for any assignment he could and was always ready to run out of that door, but he couldn't help the feeling that he had left something back at the bar this time. He had, actually. They both had, and he was thankful for that. He looked forward to talking more with Helena when they got back. 'just, don't die yet'... don't worry, I've got too much to do tonight to waste my time with dying.

"That meant a lot, Sion. If she robs you I'll make up for it", Alan said to the elder musketeer, "but I doubt we'll have to worry about that. Thank you." Sion was a stoic, but always a good man, always putting others first. He was one of the few who remembered what honor meant, and that was why Alan trusted him more than anyone else.

With the girl safe back at XIII, Alan was able to focus in on the night's operation. "So, what type of situation are we headed into, and how much time do we have to work with?" Alan's nerve was coming back to him. He had the feeling they were about to make real progress. He had that feeling often.
Back to top Go down
Noir
Master of Ceremonies
Noir

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:11 pm

Sion ------ DiBenetto

"It'd be a shame for you to get a gift and not have a chance to repay her. Remember that," Sion said simply, leading Alan to the alley beside XIII, walking until he reached the garage. As he yanked the heavy metal door up, he felt the slight tug of guilt in his chest. Helena was adamant. Motivated. She talked like she had the spirit to fight, but he was worried that was all it was. Words faltered quickly in reality's grotesque face. So did innocence.

Waving the thought off, he turned on the lights in the garage, revealing two old speed bikes and a dark car. They were all he had when it came to transportation, and both were on loan from other Musketeers. The car, however, was his. All three vehicles ran on solar charge, the most common type of fuel used in the absence of gasoline. Only the bikes had full tanks at the moment, though. They would have to do.

"Ever see one of those heavy transport vans Ragnarok sends to and from their bases in the Circle and their small outposts in the Ring? Naturally, they're outfitted to defend against any sort of attack from the 'Musketeer Terrorists'," Sion explained, talking over to a bike and turning it on, revving the engine loudly, "Apparently, there's one headed from Sec-15 back to the Circle. It's got an unusually large escort. We've had intelligence look into it, and it looks like its enough to justify a little intervention."

"Our job is to intercept whatever that shipment is. Avoid fatalities if you can. More PR shit, but we have to get it done without giving them any more lethal footage to use against us." Sion tossed a helmet over to Alan before crossing over to the other bike, sitting down and revving the engine, "Oh. And when I said we were short staffed, I meant it'd only be you and me. Surprise."

"But anyway, masks on. We're up."

Back to top Go down
Sevrin
Tacti-cool Masque
Sevrin

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:18 am

"PR shit..", Alan repeated distantly. "Right." Typical of war, much of the fighting was political. Hearts and minds. The goal had always been to spark a massive uprising of the general population. History had shown that this was the most effective way to topple a tyrannical government. The difficult part was getting it started. Many of the outer ring population centers were fairly pro-musketeer, but it wasn't much more than half of them. And, those sections weren't overflowing with able-bodied, fighting-age men and women. Without a united ring, war could never be brought to the circle, and none of the people living there would even begin to think of fighting for either side until there were corpses littering their streets. Sion was right. Looking good was half the battle. This did it's best to hide the other half which was best described as well calculated bursts of savage violence and sabotage.

"It's just us then." Alan confirmed as he put on his mask, and buckled the kevlar helmet over it. As he mounted the bike the deep droning of it's electric engine moved up his body and into his skull. He loved the feeling of power it gave him, but he made sure to keep his focus on the operation which was starting to sound more like wishful thinking than an ambush. "Sion", Alan raised his voice to compensate for the two running engines and the mask over his face, "I'm going to be honest. This one seems pretty rough to me. With an escort that size and just the two of us, this op would be hard enough if we had the green light. Now we're expected to be less than lethal? Tell me our plan is a bit more sophisticated than 'beat them senseless'."

Alan was a hot head among the musketeers, but even he understood his own limitations. He knew an attack on a superior force wouldn't get far without speed, surprise, and a hefty bit of deception. However, now that he thought about it, it seemed the bartender had the first two already covered. Alan smiled under his mask. All that was left was the magic trick - the drinking of the flaming shot. What's up your sleeve tonight, Mr. D?
Back to top Go down
Noir
Master of Ceremonies
Noir

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:23 pm

Sion ------ DiBenetto

"Well, take a closer look at your bike," Sion couldn't help smiling slightly at this point, gesturing to the machine that Alan was sitting on. "It's a much newer model than this one. Lighter and faster. Perfect if you want to be a pest, distracting them and disabling as many of those escort cars as you can. Plan's simple. You'll be playing decoy."

He pulled out his phone, pulling out a map of the city. A red blip was steadily making its way down a street somewhere away from two other dots situated right where Sion and Alan were. Sion pointed out an intersection further down the red blip's route. "The red marker is the truck. We sent a guy out to tag it earlier, and I attached trackers to our bikes. I'll be waiting at this intersection for you to lead them my way. That's when I jolt the main truck, and we take the cargo."

Sion circled over to the far side of the garage, opening a cabinet and pulling out two hefty-looking crossbows. Directly under their triggers was a second button. "These things shoot EMP charges. They'll disable a car for ten minutes - long enough to get reasonably far ahead. While their primary purpose is shutting the cars' engine systems down, they'll also make it impossible for the passengers to disable the car's e-locks. Windows are bulletproof. One shot, and we've made a useless metal cage."

He handed a crossbow to Alan before slinging his onto his back. "The charges cost a fortune, so I could only get five each for now. Ten shots between us, for twelve vehicles, including the truck. Leave the big one to me. Take as many of them off my back before you get to the intersection."

Back to top Go down
Sevrin
Tacti-cool Masque
Sevrin

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:06 pm

EMP devices were one of the many things Alan had never anticipated seeing for himself. "You've outdone yourself, Sion." The bartender always managed to get his hands on very rare goods. It was one of the benefits of of his profession. He was well known and well liked as far as Alan could tell. With friends like these... Alan made a mental note of getting to know the man better if they survived the night's raid.

It was a solid game plan, but Alan still worried. He didn't show it, and usually said the opposite, but he was afraid of death. It made him stronger. Survival instinct was an ugly yet effective advantage in a fight. Desperation and fear was rarely defeated by confidence and a salary, but it went beyond that for Alan. He had too much to do, too many things to change. He thought of Helena again. 'You still haven't seen grass' He hadn't seen anything. How could he die? He wasn't alive. Not yet. He thought maybe Helena might know something about life from living in the circle. When he got back, if he did, he would ask her. Hopefully she hadn't taken his decision to leave her at the bar too personally and would be in the mood to talk.

First, he needed whatever obscure item was in that truck. If it's nuclear I'm going to find the time to beat your ass, Sion. Alan drew the string of his crossbow and slung it on his back. "I'm following your lead, Mr. D. Watch my back and I'll watch yours."
Back to top Go down
Noir
Master of Ceremonies
Noir

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:49 pm

Sion ------ DiBenetto

((HAIL! I HAVE RETURNED))

Only a short while after setting off, Sion found himself getting into position at the agreed intersection. His bike was parked and purring softly in the dark of an alley. He was still perched on it, his phone in his hand and his eye locked on the image of the map he had brought up earlier. Alan was en route to the small convoy, and Sion would be expecting the large group to be heard roaring closer any minute now. He had to be ready. They had made sure to prepare for any hiccups in the plan, but sucess still rested on their flawless execution of each and every stage. They were prepared to take advantage of any errors that would pop up on Ragnarok's end. They would leave no knot untightened on their own.

Sion drew his revolver from the holster on his hip, checking the six loaded chambers one by one. It was a pointless, nitpicky movement, but it helped to keep his head level and focused while he was on operations. He always told himself to count his bullets instead of counting the ways that things could go wrong. He could count out bullets with complete certainty. The endless possibilities of complication in a plan were a little more numerous.

Back to top Go down
Sevrin
Tacti-cool Masque
Sevrin

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:24 pm

((Don't you die on me! Starting first aid on this thread ..also skippin ahead just a little))

Alan sped wildly around the corner of what he hoped was the right street. The convoy, except for one vehicle, followed him. He had managed to fry one of the escort vehicle's engines with the EMP devices Sion had given him before taking a bullet to arm and losing his crossbow to the pavement. The bleeding was slow, but his left humerus had been cracked in half by the Ragnarok agent's shot, and maintaining control of the bike became many times more difficult.

Swerving down the road, Alan felt another round skim the top of his helmet. He ignored it, focusing on the rapidly approaching intersection. It was the right one, and it was alive with pedestrians. Breaking was useless. The bike was moving too fast and none of those in front of him seemed to take notice of what was about to happen. He would end up killing one or more of the people he was trying to free. There was only one way to stop in time. Making use of his legs and good arm, Alan spun the bike into a sideways skid across the asphalt and let go of the handlebars. Bracing himself the best he could, he tumbled behind the bike in a shower of sparks. As his body was tossed about by it's own inertia, a handful of thoughts shot through Alan's mind. I'm not walking for a long time. Sion is on his own for now. I miss Helena. My arm really fucking hurts. I hope those Ragnarok vehicles break in time. These thoughts were cut short as Alan's head came to an abrupt rest on the side of a building just beyond the alleyway Sion was waiting in. The helmet had saved his skull from shattering, but not his brain from concussion. He was unconscious.

Meanwhile, nearly all of the Ragnarok vehicles had come to a stop just short of the intersection, all of them except for the much heavier target truck, which was still skidding towards the crossroads and all of the people in it who were too busy gawking at the mess Alan had made to notice the wall of steel screeching towards them. In a last ditch effort to stop, the driver furiously turned his steering wheel to the left with all of his tires locked, and the truck began to tip.
Back to top Go down
Noir
Master of Ceremonies
Noir

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 8:50 pm

Sion ------ DiBenetto

What followed was complete and utter chaos.

Sion tore his gaze away from his crashed partner just in time to catch the target truck careening towards a group of frozen pedestrians. Time seemed to stand still for an instant, and the Musketeer could just make out the still-forming expressions of sheer terror on their faces. Three men. Two women. A child. They watched as the sparking hunk of metal loomed closer and closer, aware of the danger far too late to do anything about it. Two sets of hands moved at the same time, and one man and the child were shoved out of the way. They tumbled to opposite sides as Sion watched, hoping that their fall would shield their eyes from what was about to happen.

With a gut-wrenching sound, the three remaining bystanders were ripped from where they stood, flung like rag dolls to where their bodies would lie, never to move again. Sion didn't look away. He grimaced, and he felt his heart ache as the loss of more innocents to their war, but he didn't look away.

The truck skidded to a halt, resting on its side in the middle of the street. Its exterior was splashed with crimson, fresh and wet. Sion got to his feet quickly, tossing his unneeded crossbow to the side of the street as he made his way over to the wreckage. The doors had been ripped off by the force of the crash, revealing two dazed Ragnarok soldiers in full gear. One was bleeding profusely from a gaping head wound. He wouldn't make it ten more minutes. But the other was starting to come to. Sion drew his blade, cutting the seat belt off him and dragging him out of the vehicle. The man struggled, but was too weak to pull away from the musketeer's grip. Sion forced him to the ground and drew his gun with his free hand, resting a foot on the man's ankle.

He motioned to the console on the man's wrist. It was an accessory that each Ragnarok soldier had that allowed them to operate their equipment. "Open the damn door. I won't ask again."

"Piss off. I don't answer to terrorists." the man groaned, trying to squirm free. Sion raised his boot and brought it down hard on the man's leg, feeling the bone shatter underneath it. The soldier howled, unintelligible exclamations of pain pouring from his mouth. Sion re-positioned his foot on top of the other ankle.

"Do it, and I'll be out of your hair. Resist, and I'll take my sweet time getting to the point where I put a bullet in your head," Sion stated simply, hoping the man would comply. He knew how he looked right now, standing over the helpless soldier. He looked like a ruthless terrorist, fatalities or not. Still, he aimed his gun at the soldier.

The man broke. "W-Wait! WAIT! Don't shoot!" he moved his hand to his console, dialing a code into the panel. A hiss sounded from the direction of the truck. Sion looked up, verifying that the back had been unlocked. The soldier spoke up again, his voice broken and clipped from the pain of his broken leg and the injuries from the crash. "You've got what you fucking want now. Fucking scum. You'll all BURN one day!"

Sion promptly fired a round into the man's shoulder. The sound of the gunshot and the soldier's screaming echoed out into the night, mingling together into a horrific sound. Sion leaned down, holstering his gun as he did. He moved until his mask and the man's face were only inches apart.

"If that day comes, I'll accept it with open arms," Sion's voice was cold as he spoke, "Just remember. That blood that's streaked on the side of your truck is on both of our hands today. If I burn...so do you."

He left the man and made his way over to the open truck, peering inside. He still had to retrieve the package and return XIII. They'd hide out there until the smoke cleared. The place was well protected. But staring into the back of the van, he didn't find anything that looked like a package.

Instead, sitting amidst the scattered piles of broken glass, knelt a small girl. She looked about ten or eleven, her long blond hair disheveled from the crash, and her large blue eyes staring. She was bleeding slightly from a small cut above her eye.

"I suppose I'm coming with you now, then...?" she spoke first, in a tone that denied her age.

"Suppose so," Sion answered, hoping his voice didn't betray his confusion. Questions could be asked later. They needed to leave. Now. He motioned with his gun, ushering the girl out of the truck and along with him at a steady pace. Making his way to Alan, he grabbed a hold of him and proceeded to drag him along with him, keeping the gun trained on the little girl. The action felt wrong, but he didn't know just how important she was just yet. He kept moving until the three of them were well away from the crash site.

Keeping an eye on the girl, Sion pulled off Alan's helmet, slapping the musketeer's face.

"C'mon....c'mon, come to. I can't get back to XIII like this..."

Back to top Go down
Sevrin
Tacti-cool Masque
Sevrin

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 7:20 pm

The first thing Alan felt was his headache, which was comparable to having the top of his skull unscrewed and filled with razor blades. Then he felt the hand contacting his cheek. Then he saw Sion's blurred face hovering over him, saying something. His hearing focused in time for him to catch "Can't get back to XIII like this." Alan panicked and groped frantically for his legs. Still there. Not what he meant. He reached for his face next. "Sion, where is my ma- AAGGHHHH son of a bitch! My arm is broken. The left one." His legs however felt usable despite the pain. "Help me up!" They were badly marked by the road, and he couldn't put much weight on his ankle, damn left side, but he could limp. He would have to. Ragnarok was closing in quickly, and they would be lucky if they weren't under surveillance at that very moment. The black clad wolves could smell the blood on Alan's clothes.

He found his mask on the ground with his battered helmet, put it on, and drew his gun, as ready to move as he was going to get.

In a perfect world, Helena would be waiting behind the counter of XIII with a 16-liter bottle of pain killers and a smile. He was anxious to get back, yet at the same time he was in no rush to discover to full extent of his injuries. Already imprisoned by Ragnarok, the last thing he needed was the same from his body. Getting the medical care they had in the circle was next to impossible in the ring. He knew from experience. This wasn't the first time Alan had been shot.

"I'm alright. I'm alright. Let's get moving.", he said, looking back at his partner, realizing now that Sion was holding a little girl at gunpoint. He hoped it was just a hallucination from his head injury. "I guess you'll explain later. Which way?"
Back to top Go down
Noir
Master of Ceremonies
Noir

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:32 pm

Sion ------ DiBenetto

"Down this alley. We'll cut across a couple of lots. Make it home safe," Sion said, wiping some of the blood off that had splattered on his pants. He hated the smell more than anything. Reaching into his pack, he tossed a morphine syringe over to Alan. It would help him deal with the pain for now. Sion would have to set and splint the arm when they got back. Moving next to his partner, he slung the younger man's arm around his shoulder, helping him rise to his feet. The position was shaky and completely not ideal for a getaway. They would have to deal with things for now, though.

Pressing his revolver into the musketeer's good hand, Sion added, "Keep the girl in its sights. No matter what."

The three began to move down the alley, crossing streets and lots one after the other as they made their way back towards the bar. Sion became painfully aware of the fact that two out of the three of them had been leaking blood earlier, and though the flow had stopped now, Ragnarok now had a general direction to follow. Noting this, Sion set Alan down slowly, telling him to wait for a moment while he drew his schiavona. Pulling up his sleeve, he made a clean cut in his arm and watched the blood begin to flow before running off in a different direction entirely, making sure the blood splattered clearly on the ground. After walking a good distance, he pulled a roll of bandages from his pack and wrapped the wound, preventing the blood from flowing further. He made his way back to the others.

"Hopefully that throws them off," he grunted, lifting Alan again and continuing on their original path. He eyed the girl warily, suspicious of the complete lack of resistance she was giving.

"Who are you, anyway?" Sion asked.

"Shouldn't you know that? You're kidnapping me, after all." the girl replied simply. Sion couldn't help laughing at that.

"Believe me, I know you're an asset. That's about as far as my intel goes. I was talking about a name."

"Bite me," the girl shrugged, but continued to move along with them, "Like I said, you're kidnapping me. I don't have to tell you anything."

Back to top Go down
Sevrin
Tacti-cool Masque
Sevrin

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 10:32 pm

"I'm not sticking myself with anything until we get back. I'm hazy enough as it is" Alan said, refusing the morphine. He holstered his own gun as Sion handed over the revolver. Alan counted the rounds as the three of them made the painful trek home. One was missing. the hell did he shoot? And, now I'm aiming a gun at a little girl. Alan held his hand as steadily as possible anyway. Sion's order made her a threat, and he didn't waste his breath, so she was a threat.

Though alan wasn't entirely convinced, because he slipped out of consciousness once Sion let him down to rest. For just a moment, he was out of the city. He stood on a hill and looked on at the blue above him and the green below. His breath was effortless, untaxed by the dead air of the ring. And, just as quickly as he arrived on that hill, he was back on the pavement. Sion was moving toward him saying something about the enemy.

They started moving again, back in reality. This time Sion started questioning the girl whose tone came as a bit of a shock. Sion wasn't great with kids apparently. Alan thought himself more of a people person, so he gave it a try.

With her lower body in the sight picture, he said: "We know you've had a rough night, and I can tell you don't want to be treated like a child. We don't either... It looks like we have chance to help each other out. And we both know that if you didn't need something from us you would have ran off when I passed out. We've got food and water for you where we're going. So, can we get along."
Back to top Go down
Noir
Master of Ceremonies
Noir

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:16 pm

Sion ------ DiBenetto

"We'll see," the girl replied, falling silent after she spoke. She didn't mince words. Sion could respect that. He wasn't quite annoyed by her - just a bit put off by her demeanor. Were all kids like this nowadays? He sure as hell hadn't acted like her.

The three of them continued to press onward, crossing a few more lots and narrowly avoiding a stray Ragnarok patrol squad before XIII's neon sign finally glowed within eyeshot. Sion led the other two out to the garage, which now had a lot of empty space due to the two missing bikes. Those things were as good as gone. After setting Alan down against a wall, he walked over to a nearby toolbench, pulling a pair of cuffs from the top drawer. He didn't waste any time in securing the girl to a nearby beam.

"Haven't you already realized that I'm not running anywhere?" the girl scowled, her tone of voice bitingly annoyed, "These aren't necessary. I'm a willing captive."

Sion shook his head as he began to walk away from her. "First, don't ever use the term 'willing captive' ever again. I won't be able to look at your straight, kid. Second, the cuffs are staying, regardless of what you have to say about them. So deal with it."

He nodded over at Alan. "I'll get Helena. I'll need her help fixing you up. You can take the damn morphine now. You'll need it."

He hurried hastily out of the garage, walking back around front and through the bar's front doors. Still no customers. Either there had been none, Helena had scared them all off, or she had done such a good job that she was able to close up early. He was a tad skeptical about the third. The idea of someone fresh out of the circle holding her own in the ring was laughable.

"Helena?" he called as he stepped inside, "You here? I need you out back! Alan's banged up pretty bad."

Back to top Go down
Sevrin
Tacti-cool Masque
Sevrin

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:34 pm

We'll see? "Well obviously. But, I..." Alan trailed off. He watched his feet as they did part of the job of moving his mass forward. His body thoughtlessly followed the support of Sion's shoulder. He realized there was a hole scraped into the side of one of his boots and cursed weakly. And then he was sitting. He was sitting against a wall. He was in the garage again. A deep sigh followed this discovery. Alan heard Sion say something. Take the damn morphine. Suddenly, he remembered his arm, and the bone screamed with each slight shift in the crowd of fragments and lead. He quickly slammed the morphine filled syringe Sion had given him into his left thigh, muffling the chorus of agonizing sensations.

His arm, his legs, his ankle, his head, and at least one of his ribs all hushed their cries for attention. Alan closed his eyes and tilted his head back, his mind a little clearer. His thoughts and heart rate slowed. I am home in the care of friends, and the mission was a success, except for... His eyes opened. Except for the truck, for those people. He had made a few more souls into martyrs that night.
Back to top Go down
TheFroof
Regular
TheFroof

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 9:38 pm

Helena Penelope Alabastar

Helena peeped out of the door leading from the bar and took in the peculiar scene. There was Sion, Alan, and a girl? A young girl as well. That's quite strange. It was then that Helena noticed Alan's state. "Oh my god, okay. I can help you. Okay. Please forgive me for this." Tentatively, Helena grazed her fingertips over Alan's clearly broken arm. The morphine dulled the senses, but there's no way in hell that didn't hurt like a bitch. Helena rushed behind the bar and got the biggest towel she could find and a wooden spoon. She quickly washed her hands before turning back to Alan. "Okay, I learned how to do this once" . Hesitantly, she felt Alan's arm. It seemed like a clean break, though it was a bit messy. Wetting the towel and taking vodka, she examined the wound closely. "This will hurt... a lot." Dabbing the towel with alcohol she placed it onto the wound. She counted backwords from 10 in her head. She learned in school that that could sterilize a wound. Lifting the towel she rinsed it with water. Wringing it and twisting it into a rope, she brought it back to Alan. "Okay. 1...2...3" she muttered under her breath. She then quickly set the bone and wrapped the towel around it with the spoon as a brace. "Oop, shit, I used the towel. " taking the scarf from her neck, Helena wrapped it around Alan's neck and arm and tied it in a knot. "Okay. Arm, done. Leg? Not broken. That's good, isn't it. Right."
Getting a chair, Helena took the chair she had been sitting on and pushed it in front of Alan. Lifting his leg, Helena placed it on the seat of the chair. "This is scraped up pretty badly, but it also seems dislocated. Your knee is definitely popped out right now, so we got to fix that. As for other diagnosis..." Helena lifted Alan's shirt. There was some harsh red blotching, showing injured ribs, which meant that Alan really shouldn't be sitting right now, he could compress his ribs and puncture something.
"You boys should really take it easy. You know, not practically kill yourselves." Helena rushed to the bar and cleared it ." Okay Alan, come with me." Taking him under his good arm, Helena led him to the bar. "Lay down on it, that's it. Okay. Umm, this is weird. But take off your shirt? I need to work on your ribs. " Helena went to the ice chest and gathered some ice cubes in another dishtowel, preparing to put them on Alan's chest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -a t h o s-   -a t h o s- - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

-a t h o s-
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Masquerade :: Roleplays :: RP Threads-
Jump to: