The Masquerade
It looks like you haven't signed in yet!

If you aren't a member, sign up today!
The Masquerade
It looks like you haven't signed in yet!

If you aren't a member, sign up today!
The Masquerade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One with the pack.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sevrin
Tacti-cool Masque
Sevrin

One with the pack. Empty
PostSubject: One with the pack.   One with the pack. EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 5:01 pm

So I went to a wolf preserve on Sunday. Let's tak about it.

The first thing i did was walk up to the fence looking for them and immediately two white wolves came up to me trotting side by side. They walked back and forth across the fence. (we were separated by two layers of fencing)

One with the pack. Img_2010

Tundra wolves by the way.

Then the Alpha decided i was worth interupting his nap. He got up, growled at the first two, and started checking me out.

One with the pack. Img_2011

He had a mean scar above his right eye which looked damaged, probably blind. Clearly earned his position.

The Canadian pack was a short walk away. There was only one sentry to meet me this time.

One with the pack. Img_2012

I couldn't get a picture because he wouldn't stand still, but he had bright golden eyes contrasting beautifully with his dark coat.

They also had a smaller enclosure with a couple of very playful foxes inside.

One with the pack. Img_2013

The lighter one is a red fox, and the dark one is a grey/red mix

The timber wolf pack made an appearance as well. They howled in unison. It was intense.

One with the pack. Img_2014

And lastly some bobcats. They made the strangest sounds ive ever heard from an animal. Sometimes they sounded like a big tough cat, other times almost human like.

One with the pack. Img_2015

bobcats arent usually social, but this male and female seemed to get along pretty well.

Overall an awesome experience. I learned a lot. Most importantly I think is how similar to humans wolves are. As far as social structure and behavior goes were practically identical.
Back to top Go down
Noir
Master of Ceremonies
Noir

Location : Where you'll have roses for years. Where you'll apologize to no one.

One with the pack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: One with the pack.   One with the pack. EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 9:14 pm

Animal mentalities that mirror human behavior. Definitely some food for thought.

I remember my last big close animal experience was on a trip to the Dominican Republic. They plopped us in a small reserve full of friendly nurse sharks and fish. I was mildly freaked out, but it was definitely memorable.
Back to top Go down
https://themasquerade.forumotion.com

One with the pack.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Masquerade :: General Discussion :: Shoutbox-
Jump to: